Friday, August 04, 2006

The Journey!


The journey was supposed to be of twenty hours. But it seemed like it was taking forever. Every minute the train was nearing its destination, my heart was beating faster. My eyes were full of nice dreams of my little daughter. My bag was full of toys for her, carefully picked from the “LifeStyle” store for infants below 2 months. It was a nice collection of 6-7 toys for which I paid a handsome amount of money. But it was worth it.
I was picking up the toys one by one and looking at them with awe. They will be held by tiny hands after a few hours. I found myself getting into conversation with strangers, almost forcing upon my happiness on them, discussing about my baby. Was it infectious? I think it was, because I found those very strangers beaming with broad smiles, as if they have seen my baby through my words, through my eyes. I haven’t given her a name yet. I was going for her naming ceremony after a full one month. God really gave me strength to hold back for such a long time.
I reached home in the night. I had to go to my in-laws in the morning where my wife was waiting for me with our little angel. Whooof…..Another night of waiting!!!!
The moment I went to my in-laws place, I heard the joys and screams of people over there. There was too much rush as if it were a marriage. And there is a never ending list of persons whom you have to meet. You can’t deny, because you can’t hurt their feelings!
I met my wife’s parents. They led me inside where I met my wife. Simple, as usual, she was supposed to look drained off after the delivery. But, surprisingly, she was glowing than ever! There was my daughter, on the bed staring at the roof.
She couldn’t focus her eyes on me, yet I could feel that I am all important for her. She couldn’t hold my hand, yet I could feel that she would hold me when I will need her. There was a sense of responsibility in me now. Responsible for a new living being in this world; my own blood, my baby. People say her eyes bear an uncanny resemblance to my eyes. I take pride in that. Why not, I am her father! And a girl child who resembles her father in something or another is said to be happy. My daughter would not be that shy girl next door but a strong willed girl of the world she is going to be a part of. She would be the perfect example of a girl whose birth would probably give no reason why would anybody want a son. She wont grow up instantly. Obviously, that will take its own course of time. A lot of time will go in bringing her up, but the journey would be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home